Monday, June 22, 2009

Birthday bash

Just got back late last night from my trip to Florida. I went out to visit my friends MsKitty and BoiJen for MsKitty's birthday party. (Names of those I don't know want mentioned are going to be left out)

I was a bit nervous but excited to be spending a weekend with them as Jen and I knew one another from in-common web forums and I'd had the joy of meeting them both last year at SouthEast LeatherFest. So we'd spent time and I knew I liked them loads but this was the first time we'd be hanging out so much at once (they let me stay at their home).

By the end of the weekend I was lamenting that we lived so very far way... it felt like I should just be living a few blocks over or something, it was so comfortable to hang out with them. Old friends feeling.

The weekend was so fun between the outings and the quiet home times spent chatting or watching silly videos. I got to meet some of their local friends and a couple in particular were very sweet people.

As to outings, we went grocery shopping together on the way back to their place and chatted then later went out to a local dungeon and ended up staying late sitting around drinking a little and exchanging stories and jokes with the group. Then, coming home we did something I love: they introduced me to their habit of listening to Possum Kingdom as they drove home around the lake way and we all sang along together.

Saturday evening was Kitty's birthday celebration and we stayed up forever. There was a yummy dinner out with a bunch of galfriends, a women's leather meeting with a discussion on service (and I found myself thinking longingly of the domestic I had to leave behind in Georgia and also fondly of how I wish my spouse could hear the talk because it would've touched him so well). After gifts were exchanged Kitty and Jen began to play for MsKitty's birthday beating and I ended up co-topping... it'd been so long since I'd gotten to pull a girl's hair, growr.

We then spent some talking time back at their house with another friend and did a little "pre-drinking" before going out to the bar for the night. That friend decided to go home but another chose to join us at the bar and spent the rest of the evening with us. We were a rowdy group of 4 out on the town lol.

People watching at the bar was entertaining and there was live music. We all kept cracking up at the other patrons, each other, and some bizarre television shows on the bigscreen. One guy came up to me and kissed my hand while kneeling in front of me, then stood and told me I had great energy and that he was a wizard. As said, the crowd was great entertainment, that's one example only.

As it got on towards 4 or 5am we went back to the friend's place on the beach and talked til sunrise got close... then we all padded down to the beach in the dark and she, Kitty and I skinny-dipped while Jen chilled on the beach. Personal talk in salty water, the waves colored by the sunrise, against naked skin as we paddled and floated... a calm and lovely time to start the end of our night.

We one by one got out of the water and the four of us sat close on two towels and watched the sunrise further -and were thrilled to see the black shapes of dolphins jumping and splashing in the near distance. It was a perfect end to the night... close to friends, the sky and water changing colors and dolphins playing.

We said our goodbyes shortly after to the friend and made our way back to MsKitty's and BoiJen's and I kept falling asleep in the car lol.

After some sleep we had a tastey brunch made by the boi and some more visiting, then it was time for me to head home.

I'm so glad they invited me and welcomed me into their home. I had a very fun and relaxing time, both. I just wish we all lived closer.

I got to watch Jen make a nylon whip as she talked to me about the whys and hows. She's selling them and I plan to buy one shortly off them. Once she has her website up I'll pimp it some for her if she's fine by that.

Such a good time...

No comments: