Sunday, August 31, 2008

To NY

Am starting out either tonight or tomorrow morning to visit my family in NY. Sister has had an operation and asked that I come visit during her recovery period and I said, "sure".

Should be fun. Mom said we're all gonna go up to the Corning Glass Works to tour the museum one day and then another day maybe go wine tasting (which my sister isn't much for, not being a wine liker, but mom pointed out to her that she's such a lightweight that she'll be drunk and happy in no time so she'll have a good day regardless). Having grown up close to there, I've been to the Glass Works a few times -most recent with my spouse a couple years ago, his first time- but I'm looking forward to it. It's always very interesting to see and mom and sis and I have never gone together.

I'll mostly be bumming around my sister's house while mom is at work, laying about, watching tv and chatting with her while she takes it easy. Mom says she's healing well, so far, though. Had a slight hiccup where she had to go back in and have an abscess dealt with, but otherwise good.

I'm going to stop at the VA Safari Park on the way up. I've not done that in years and years. So cute and so stubborn and smart, those zebras and such.

Leaves are starting to drop from the trees up there, mom says. Should be pretty with fall colors starting. I miss that and am looking forward to it.

Went to Atlanta's Six Flags yesterday with Chael. Didn't make it the whole day, got worn out by adrenaline and too much heat/sunshine. God, it was blazing and horrid. I swear the UV has gotten stronger since I was a kid... I used to be able to look almost at the sun back then, now I can't barely stand to look at the horizon... the sky is just painful. And to walk around in it makes me so tired and sick feeling. I was always sensitive to sunlight like that, even when young, but now it's much, much worse.

The "Scream Machine" is a piece of garbage, painful garbage. Not worth riding.

The "Goliath" is great and has wonderful repeated zero-gee moments.

Those are the two extremes.

I cut my hair off last night at about 3am. I've a "faux-hawk" of sorts. I've the "chelsea cut", as others have told me it's called, around my face as I like it; a full mohawk; and the sides are shaved to 1" in length and moussed upwards towards the 'hawk. I'm debating shaving them all the way off, as I really liked it that way before, but I went this route first to see how I'd like my hair with a leetle bit left on the sides... I can always shave it the rest of the way off, growing it in is a bit longer taking.

I'd like to add some accent color like purple to it before I go to my mom's, but don't know if I'm going to bother... it's still 2 shades of green right now.

Domestic should be here soon to do my car, gotta get the hose ready..... wait, no, I'll just have him move it when I take him on the backyard tour today, what was I thinking?

No comments: