Sunday, December 30, 2012

Surgery Healing

So, I'm home from the hospital as of last night.  The let me go early as I was doing so well.

The pain is there, but it's not nearly as bad as the bypass or appendectomy.  As long as I keep taking my Lortab and don't move wrong I'm just achy.

Sleeping last night wasn't good.  Chael offered to sleep in my room to be available to me, but I told him it wasn't needful, that I was doing okay enough to have him sleep in his own bed.

Ugh.

I should've gotten up myelf and grabbed Lortab in the night, but didn't.  It was one of those things where every time I moved it hurt but I was too groggy and too focused on staying still to think clearly and get up and get meds.  So it was a rough night.

Tonight I *am* going to have Chael stay in here.  I do need it.

 

My stomach is going to look polka dotted from all the laparoscopy scars from obstruction, bypass, and appendix surgeries.  sheesh.

I'm a bit tired and not clear-headed yet.  Just woke up a bit ago and am chatting online.

Work-wise I had to turn down a job that I had lined up for a custom video.  The guy totally understood though and we'll talk about my doing it after I get healed up.  Outside of that, I had a whole bunch of pre-made stuff on my hard drive so I loaded that up... releasing one a day I'm covered for a couple weeks, about.

Not much else to say.  I'm pretty much just laying around and sleeping.  Chael is looking after me as usual.  It's going to be a very quiet New Year's Eve this year... we'd planned to see friends up in Dallas, but no go now.