Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Anniversary and First Date

This weekend I go down to spend time with my hubby... he's trying to get Monday off so we have a bit more time together than usual. I'm training down on Friday and coming home Monday, most likely.

Sunday is our 13th anniversary. We plan to go to Belton Lake military resort and roast vegan-dogs and make Coney Islands out of them and just generally be together. Am all looking forward to it :D

Had, at the age of 33, my first and only official Date Experience tonight. I have always either just "hung out" with partners and friends or only gone on special nights out with people I was in a committed relationship with. Never a Real Date as part of the courtship-in-the-early-relationship ritual.

It was very nice and very nice of him and I definitely consider it a success and now have that experience-block checked.

So yay.

Did have a bit of a nervous day yesterday... for a day Chael and I had reason to worry that we'd be told sometime this week that we had to move NEXT MONTH because they're doing that to some of his unit (back to work one day and told to move to El Paso within 30 days)! He found out today, though, that he is not currently on the El Paso list... doesn't mean he won't be for a later move, since the unit is going in waves, but he IS looking over job requisitions and working the angles to get to stay at Ft. Hood and me in Dallas.

There are options for him to stay there, but all bad. We're looking for better opportunities for him. For now, though, we're still here.

No comments: