Wednesday, May 5, 2010

6 Days and So Excited

Chael's coming home!!!! I'm officially at the point where I'm getting excited and antsy about it. I don't tend to until it gets right up to before something special/important happens.

But it's less than a week now and I'm getting that way. Still no 100% solid word but still planned return for the 28th. I'll drive down that morning and be utterly bored until time to meet him. Hopefully I'll get better word about what time of day that should be so I don't spend hours trying to amuse myself around Killeen and Ft. Hood, waiting.

But he's coming home!

Oh, and I warn a lot of the next few days updates and conversations with me will go this way. I get rather super-focused on things I'm excited about and have a hard time focusing on anything else, as I'm sure most if not all of you out there experience yourselves.

Husband cuddles and holding hands and kisses and twirls and dips in the grocery store and all kinds of sex and arguing over science shows and watching movies playing 6-degrees to choose the next one and showing him what i think are funny or cute internet things and having him wait on me and reading or playing online next to each other comfortably and just plain being around each other again!!!

Not just for 2 weeks but for months!!!

That first hug and hand-holding when I see him that first moment he's free...

I don't tend to miss him much when he's gone because I function very well on my own. I think of him and miss him here and there if something comes up I'd like to tell him or show him, but it's no constant ache. I love him and he's mine and he'll be back, so I enjoy my time on my own and will enjoy my time wiht him when he's here. That simple for me.

So I don't live his deployments (or any of our other times apart) in any great funk or anything.

I just so very much enjoy when he is around. :)

My honey is coming home next week. Woohoo!

No comments: