Saturday, January 5, 2013

I wish I could take off my skin

An old, old writing saved from loss on myspace: i wish i could take off my skin.. whether carving it off and watching chunks fall to the floor or peeling it back with the tissue beneath being slowly revealed as the upper layer leaves the lower in the wiilling but grasping way that we know from eating oranges or skinning livestock... the muscle beneath being left behind bleeding... the face gone, stylized and universal in human meat. i wish to remove this covering that is associated with me by others, put aside this worthless form that identifies me and shapes opinion. these hands are not me. neither are these lips. i'd like to be smooth, a mimic of human form, a face with only the vaguest of features, a thing in living white-grey... hairless, faceless, sexless. scraping off this self with a mild mess resulting... but there is no other option than this, what i already have.

No comments: