Friday, April 20, 2012

Yoga Progress!

So, I've been doing all sorts of exercise classes... various types of aerobics, band resistance, weights and yoga... for the past 3 months, minimum 1 hour a day and sometimes as much as 3 hours. Last time I was at yoga I, for the first time, was able to put my palms flat on the floor during a forward bend. This time during half-bow (lay on stomach and reach back to grab a foot and hold it, like a laying-down quad stretch) I was able to reach and hold my foot, on each side as we did it! I haven't been able to do that for years because of fat being in the way and loss of flexibility! During full bow (lay on stomach and grab both feet) I was able to get my right foot but not quiiiiittteee my right foot. Teacher said I was about 1 inch away from having my second foot in hand, I just missed it. I was so close I could just barely feel that I couldn't make it. This is awesome. Last class I couldn't even grab one foot, let alone be so close to grabbing both. I'm very pleased. It's nice to see that all this working out is making real progress.

No comments: