Tuesday, January 24, 2012

8 days post-op

Doing great so far. Getting in my 80oz od water a day, my hour of walking, my vitamins, and have just yesterday been cleared for mushy foods.

Pain has been a semi-rough ride. At first I was on Lortab. It would drop my pain level down to a 2-3 for about 2 hours then the pain would start creeping up. I eventually called the NP and told her this and she switched me to Tylenol 3... Which was like taking NOTHING. After one dose I went back on the Lortab until I ran out and then had 2 days on Tylenol 3 again before I went to my week follow-up. On seeing the level of pain I was still in, the NP put me back on Lortab and I'm back to functional again. Have to be careful and I have one weirdly placed spot that hurts bad when I get up or walk, but for the most part my pain is back to a 2-3.

Drinking my water takes up my whole day.

My two meals yesterday were non-fat refried beans with Daiya cheese and a little bit of mild salsa. So yummy. Today we're gonna try a tofu scramble. Chael's never made one before, so we'll see how it goes.

I have a Frankenstein's monster tummy with all those staples.

After surgery my weight started moving upward and stopped at 8 lbs higher. Today it's lower so hopefully I've started the move downward.

It's going well so far. I'm happy and excited.

No comments: