Friday, February 5, 2010

Needle Planning

I've been sketching out some designs for needle work. Some will go smoothly, some ideas I had to dump (at least til I can find a better way for them).

I enjoy working with feathers, flowers, beads, et cetera but am focusing more, currently, on the shapes allowable by the needles themselves. Geometrics, swirls, etc. All the variety that can be done with little straight lines lol.

Also if anyone has used Super T Deadener I would love to hear reviews. Does it need to be occluded, like Emla, or no? I can't find anything that says and I'm hoping __not___. It would make life so much easier.

I don't usually use skin deadeners for needle or scalpel play, but on some bottoms or when planning to do many, many needles or cuts it's helpful; the bottom last longer because they don't feel most of it. Not useful when they __want__ the pain, but very handy when art is the goal and not sensation.

I'm also considering using needles for their after-marks. Where the design of the needles themselves isn't important or the goal, but how the wounds look after they're removed. I'll have to think on this some more...

And I got a whole bunch of supplies this month, so I'm happy. Gauze by the pound, a few hundred needles, a new organization box, several staplers... lots of goodness. So now I have my pack full and also have some storage backup in my Sharps/Mods Shelves in my bedroom.

No comments: