Monday, July 2, 2012

Unable to relate

I find myself really unable to relate to others who have had WLS. Online or in-person support groups just leave me frustrated and somewhat isolated feeling... They basically all come down to "When can I cheat on my diet?", "I have cheated on my diet and it went like this", "I am mourning food so bad!". I was never a food addict, I WANT to stay on my doc's plan, I'm getting good results and have never felt regret about my decision. I really can't understand someone choosing this option and then asking, "when can I eat donuts again?". wtf? Not to mention, I just went to an on-post support group and the topic of me not being able to take protein shakes anymore by doc's order came up... and the nurse/doc running the group told me, "well, you *can do* anything you want". Again wtf?! No I can't, not if I'm going to follow my doctor's plan. Why would she basically tell me it's okay to cheat?? jesus. I just don't get it. I can't relate to these people. As said, it's frustrating and isolating. Why don't they just do what their doctors' say? On a different note, I'm at an even 200 lbs today. It's taunting me. I'm so close to being in the 100s.

No comments: