Saturday, June 5, 2010

Kidneys, VA, Dammit

LadyHillary and AbusablePainToy are coming in a little bit to take me to the VA ER. I've been fighting what feels like a kidney infection for about a week now and it's not going away...

I know I need to get it checked out and medicated before it can get serious (I've had bad cases of kidney infections where my kidney's swelled up and I was unable to walk), but -as I told Hillary- there is just something so terribly wrong to me about going to the ER when you can still walk upright and/or breathe.

So I've been putting it off, as the only option with the VA is to go into the ER/no-appointment-clinic. Each day I've been in various states of "ouch" (from "well that's not right" to "fuck, I can't stand up straight and can't pick up anything off the floor"). Today's not the worst, but talked to Hill some and had to admit to myself that I need to go and get some meds and get it over with.

But dammit going to the doctor is no fun. And they're being sweet and going to the ER with me, so they'll be subjected to the boredom of it with me.

Hopefully it won't take us forever, I'll get antibiotics and be feeling better in a couple days.

Le sigh.

No comments: