Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bike, woohoo!

I bought my first non-department store bike today and brought it home. I had to make it in two payments, one last week and one today.

I'd wondered why the bikes were so much more expensive, and when I got to test ride it last weekend I finally knew... it is so light and gliding, so much smoother shifting and fits so much better. Worth every penny.

I ended up getting a Giant Rapid 2010 model... a "commuter" road bike style, 24 speed and I also bought a cushier seat. :D Perfect for riding around White Rock Lake and running to the store and such locally.

I also bought, of course, the odds and ends I needed with it: new helmet, bike lock, car carrier.

Took it out for my first real ride on it around the lake, went about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way and back. I need to adjust the seat a little more for using my regular biking shoes (I was in different shoes when I bought it), and want to buy a rear rack for it so I can use my panniers later (but that's for next month or so).

It was really nice to be back out bicycling.

On other news, I've lost about 4 pounds this week and met a potential tpe slave.

Good start of the month.

No comments: